March 15, 2012

Signs of Spring

There are signs of spring popping up all over. I love spring.  All the colors and beautiful butterflies fluttering by make me remember what and awesome Creator I serve.

Where we lived before we had what felt like a perpetual summer. Mostly warm weather and a winter that felt like fall in most places. I know there were subtle signs of spring like the wildflowers that would pop up in droves dotted along the freeways but it was very different than here.. 

Here we have a real winter where the leaves actually fall of the trees.  Most plants, bushes and animals go into hibernation and we don't see them for a good three months.  It is wonderful after that time to start to see signs of color!

Like this...

and this....


It was such a special surprise to learn that the previous owners of our house planted tulip bulbs in the planter in our front yard.  Tulips and Gerber Daisies are my favorite flowers!  We never knew this because we moved here in the fall and visited in the summer so the tulips weren't around.  I was giddy when I saw them springing up a week ago.

We also have chives (that were previously planted) in our garden sprouting and turning green again!  Yummy.  We are getting ready to start working on our garden so seeing the greenery makes it all the more enticing.

Our roses are even starting to bud...

Spring is such a precious time of year with new life appearing everywhere.  It is one of my favorite seasons!  I feel blessed to live in a place where each season has its distinct characteristics.

~Blessings~


3 comments:

  1. We have crocuses too. SO cheery, even when half buried with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blessings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerber daisies are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.