April 29, 2011

Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Berries

I had been wanting to make this dessert since before I was told to abstain from gluten.  After that diganosis I really wanted to make it because I knew it was gluten free and would still be decadent and yummy.  Thse are the things I tend to miss with a GF diet. (I am adapting though.)

The perfect opportunity came with Easter to make this Pavlova.  What a wonderful spring dessert!

Do you know what a Pavlova is? 

Basically it is a 7-9 inch round of perfectly cooked meringue shaped like a basket.  Slightly crispy on the outside and marshmallowy on the inside.  You can fill it with fresh berries and drizzle on berry sauce or you can put a layer of homeade, tangy lemon curd down first, then top with berries.  There are really endless possibilities. 

I highly recommend making this.  It is easy, beautiful, tart, sweet, decadent and gooey all at the same time!

Click on the title for the recipe I used...

Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find an older post

For any and all health advice/suggestions and/or posts on this blog, I do not assume any liability for you. The posts and comments on this blog are not meant to be a substitute for your own practicing physician's care in your life. These posts are based on my experience and research in my own healing journey and are placed here to encourage and help those ailing with their health. We are all individuals and there is not ONE pat answer or resolution that applies to everyone across the board.